Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Standalone Sherpa 4.4 Released

I have released the standalone version of Sherpa 4.4 at the Sherpa website:

http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/contrib/sherpa/

As in past releases, the purpose is to allow Python users to install Sherpa as a Python module, without reference to any other CIAO package or program.

I release the source code tarball, sherpa-4.4.0.tar.gz, that contains all the Sherpa source code we released with CIAO 4.4.  Release notes can be found at NOTES-4.4.0.txt.

As time permits, I will go on to add Mac disk images, and/or eggs for Linux, for binary installations of Sherpa.  When these binaries are ready I shall post an update here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    After some trouble, I've managed to install sherpa module. The problem is that when I try to import sherpa.ui, there is this error:

    ImportError: No module named _utils

    I'd appreciate some advice, since I don't know what I did wrong during the installation process.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The installation process may have failed if the standard import does not work.
      Have you seen any error msgs? Have you install this on Linux or MAC OS, which version?

      Aneta

      Delete
  2. Sebastian,

    could you include the following lines in your .sherpa.rc file and try again? This will give some traceback error msg for us and allow to trace the errors and do more diagnostics. I do not see the error when I run the install process.

    [verbosity]
    # Sherpa Chatter level
    # a non-zero value will
    # display full error traceback
    level : 10

    Also, it may help if you send a problem description to cxchelp@head.cfa.harvard.edu

    ReplyDelete